Thursday, January 5, 2006

2006 ARRIVES IN COLORADO

Pikes Peak in 2006.  The snow is slowly melting and rumor has it there won't be any new snowfall for a few weeks.  The one thing I miss about my old house is the view I used to have of the snow blowing off the top of the Peak on windy days.  Now I come to the Ponds to enjoy the view, but I don't mind in the least bit.

A nesting box stands vacant in the half frozen water, but the Canada geese have already returned and hopefully by late spring there will be a new generation of geese in the ponds.

A sleepy cottontail kept me company when I went for an early morning stroll at the Bluestem trail.   It has already gotten its nice warm winter coat on but it seemed to be enjoying the warmth of the morning sun.  It wasn't the least bit shy, and even hopped a little closer to investigate the sounds made by my camera. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely shots there Dorn...so glad to be back.  I think aOL has finally fixed my alerts...you and a few others are back.  YAY! ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

I love stopping here and finding new pictures!  You take such good shots!!  
Beautiful, beautiful.. made my morning!

Anonymous said...

As always, your photos are wonderful.  I love the country there in Colorado.  Thanks for sharing.
http://www.boiseladie.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

What a cutie... that cottontail is!
http://www.boiseladie.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

As always, I love your work. One suggestion I might make is to experiment with placing your main subject elsewhere but in the center of the frame. Look up the photographic "rule of thirds."
-Paul

Anonymous said...

Splendid photos and Pikes Peak is magestic.   mark

Followers