Thursday, October 26, 2006

Knowing that a blizzard was on the way but not sure how it would affect the ponds, I took a last minute trip down to the Cattail Marsh before winter converged over the Foothills yesterday afternoon.  I was surprised by how peaceful it was there.  The blackbirds flitted lazily among the cat tails and bull rushes, soaking up the warmth of the setting sun's rays.  I don't doubt that they too knew of the approaching winter storm that was moving our way.  I shall miss my little feathered friends once Old Man Winter moves in for the season.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the warm backround colors on the silhouette.  I've also been shooting as many pic as possible b/4 we loose the autumn colors here in NY.
GREAT shot~
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariebm56/PhotographsMemoriesToo

Anonymous said...

What a special photo....it's just beautiful.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Very nice!
-Paul
http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/

Anonymous said...

i've been missing your photo entries.  love this shot!  :)
gina

Anonymous said...

Dorn,
That is a beautiful picture.  We received about 15" by noon.  It was so wet that, by 4PM, it had compressed down to 7".  I certainly was beautiful up here in the foothills, at least until the wind came up!
Smiles,
David

Anonymous said...

I really like the silhouette of the bird against the golden brown of the reflection in the water.  This is very well done!

Greg
http://journals.aol.com/radar446/PhotoTrek/

Anonymous said...

I love this one, the colors...awesome!!!
Betty

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL, Dorn - I LOVE it!!!!

:) Carol

Anonymous said...

He looks so sad...

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

My friend, Cherie, lives in Colorado Springs.  She sent me pics of the blizzard.  Reminded me of the one we were in the Spring of 2002 while we lived there.  When you think of Spring here in the south, you NEVER think of a blizzard, lol.

Blessings!~

Susan

Anonymous said...

The silhouette of the bird and marsh grasses work well against the pastel water colors!    mark

Followers