Friday, May 4, 2007

FOXES PART 2

Who would have thought a chain link fence would be such a big obstacle when photographing something on the other side.  Maybe its not the fence, maybe its just me.  Either way, this is the best I can do thus far.  Yes, I used my 300mm zoom.  Nope, it didn't really help much.  I need a bigger zoom!

Still, I have to admit that these pictures came out much better... no doubt due to the fact that they were taken while the sun was still high in the sky.  The kits are getting bigger but still show no fear.  They listened reluctantly to their mother when she barked out a warning.  They ran immediately for the safety of their den between the pipes, but kept poking their heads out to investigate. 

I haven't seen the father fox since the first day when he ran off before I could even raise the camera.


Tags:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a fox last year that I would see around the horses.... Every time I would see him I wouldn't have the camera... so I would carry the camera and not see him. Finally one day it all came together and I got a couple of shots. I think it was a young male and he must have found someone because I haven't seen him this spring. I would love to get a chance to shoot him now that I have the 70-300 lense. I got some decent shots even with the stock lense, but .......

Anonymous said...

I think you did a beautiful job on getting these shots. Helen

Anonymous said...

The fox is a beautiful animal.  I don't believe I've ever seen one up close in person before.  Thanks for sharing this (for me) rare sight.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
Lori

Anonymous said...

I would love a big zoom also.  Awesome pictures!!!!
Betty

Anonymous said...

The first photo has some good detail from that distance and I like the color of the sky and of the fox.     The photo with her kit appears to be in motion as her rear feet are off the ground.     Having them both in the photo is tremendous.    mark

Anonymous said...

great shots, this is the kind of thing I am constantly hoping to see.  I just bought a 400mm zoom for the very reasons you stated.  It weighs a ton, and will take some getting used to, I hope it pays off.
Betsy

Followers