Friday, April 14, 2006

APRIL'S FULL MOON

I missed the opportunity to capture the moon while it was a dark orange in the early evening sky due to the fact that I was on the road and my camera was at home.  When I finally returned home, the moon was hiding behind a neighbor's trees.  I'm sure that if I had the know-how to get the settings right, this could have been a really nice shot.  For now I am happy with the mystical quality of the picture.  As a child I had always been intrigued by the moon.  As an adult I am still mesmerized by it.  I don't think I will ever tire of its many faces.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about the fascination with the moon.  There are nights that I am at work that I just stare at it.  I have often tried to catch it at it low, dark state, but never seem to have the camera handy.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Last night's moon was fantastic, and here in the UK it was orange when it first rose too.  Isn't it odd that when we in the West look at the moon we see a 'human' face, but Chinese people see a rabbit of all things.  As they say in the North of England - there's nowt so queer as folk!

Anonymous said...

I think it is very pretty. I saw it early this morning and there was a light fog or cloud over it and it looked like you picture does.

Anonymous said...

Nice shot Dorn, I would make this a long skinny portrait crop!
Tess

Anonymous said...

as always, great picture!..  don't you wonder what some of the astronauts think when they look at it?  Especially those that walked on the moon?!!

Anonymous said...

I was out taking MOON pictures also!  Amazing, that we can be so many miles apart and be doing the same thing as if we were standing next to each other.  Alas, again, your phootgraph outshines all I've seen, and is still FAR BETTER than my BEST attempt!
Redbird

Anonymous said...

*phootgraph*   HAHA ! !

Anonymous said...

That is stunning!
I keep trying and all I get is black...
do u use a special setting?
TJ

Anonymous said...

that is awesome!!!  

Amy

Followers