Monday, March 13, 2006

RE-ACQUAINTANCE WITH AN OLD FRIEND

My husband went to DC on a business trip and naturally had to take the Nikon to make the most of the treasure of photo opportunities that would be available to him.  That leaves me with the 35mm Minolta.  Once upon a time this camera was considered to be top of the line.  I have captured many wonderful memories within its shutters.  Now I stare incomprehensibly at the dials and buttons, switches and gauges.  I have no idea how to use it any more.  But the hardest to get used to is the drastic difference in exposures and the inability to review and delete unwanted shots.  I went through 48 exposures in a matter of minutes, and there was no deleting of bad shots to make room for more.  Then there was the long developing period (2 days not including the turn in and pickup day), not to mention the cost. ($7 per single print 24 exposure roll including disk). 

No, the colors aren't really that vibrant.  I had to increase the saturation to put a little life into the picture.  I am hoping that it will all come back in time... so I can teach my husband how to use the 35mm and keep his dirty little paws off of my Nikon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still a lovely image!!!! I have been told it is not the camera but the photographer....in you case I believe is correct!!!
Betty

Anonymous said...

Good idea.
I just got my first 35 mm. I keep it loaded with B&W. Of course I haven't had to give up the D 70 to anyone.
Nice shot!
Tess

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, nice detail & color!
Wonderful photographic SKILLS!
Marie

Anonymous said...

Yeah...I hear ya.   I've almost become afraid of my SLR!   It's sort of sad.  I have a love/hate relationship with technology.  lol
Anyway, fantastic shot!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

The nice thing about using 35 mm is that it is extremely accurate comparable to the most proffesional expensive digital when shooting with a very good 35mm.  Then with the computer so much can be done to increase it's color.  I just really like the look of film.    I get my friend to go with me and use his 35mm Minolta and I my Kodak CX6445.   I use his tripod and set the exposure at 4 seconds.    Also someone needs to hold onto my dog.   A weekend soon I need to get to a State Park a weekend.  Thank you for the wonderful comment in my journal!    mark

Anonymous said...

an absolutely beautiful picture........no matter what or who took it.  i would love to be there in that scene right now..............sigh.

regina

Followers