Sunday, May 22, 2005

THE BRIDGES OVER THE RIVER ARKANSAS

I took a little drive down to where the Arkansas River runs through Pueblo.  This footbridge was erected to give the residents better access to the fishing along the river banks.

The water level is way down in the river, but I'm willing to bet its higher than it was in recent years.  The drought hit Colorado hard.  We had a decent winter and a damp spring, but we still need a lot of rain this summer to keep from drying out again.

A railway bridge spans the river nearby.  I wanted a picture of a train crossing but to be honest I don't even know if this track is still in use because not a single train passed through during the hour we were there.

There was a drastic difference in the temperature from out in the open to the shade on the trail beneath the tracks. I could happily have stayed there all day but the girls had places to go and things to see.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love bridges, very nice!
~ Julie~ http://journals.aol.com/joolsinwa/randommusingsofmymind

Anonymous said...

Always a pleasure to visit these places with you and your camera.

Anonymous said...

Hey visiting your journal is almost like visiting Colorado.  I appreciate your taking us on these journeys with you and letting us see through your eyes.  Good vision you have.

Marlene-PurelyPoetry

Anonymous said...

As usual Dorn we are on the same photo page....I was out late last week with my camera and guess what I was out taking pictures of?............Bridges!!!!!! lol

Anonymous said...

I love bridges!  What great pictures you've taken here.  Something about bridges is so poetic...both the asthetic and the emotional aspects....bridges are so amazingly architectural and they all allow people to get from one spot to another in an easier way.  I love that.  I feel another Haiku coming on..

Photo of Train Bridge over the River Arkansas

Beams crossing each other
Bridging water, reaching
tracks in suspense, still

http://journals.aol.com/gotomaria/TheLittleThings/

Anonymous said...

Impressive photos. That bridge is beautiful, :-)  Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

Dorn these photo's in this journal are beautiful! Have you thought about submitting them to webshots.com so more people can enjoy them and also rate them?

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed these photos so much it were as if i was there. I am speechless  but want to THANK YOU FOR THE JOURNEY!

Followers