Wednesday, April 13, 2005

GARDEN OF THE GODS, continued.

                   

This little ditch is fed by melting snow from the Garden of the Gods.  It will flow into Fountain Stream, which goes through my town, but by then it will have lost its red color.

                     

One of the many fountains of natural spring water that flows under Manitou Springs.  People come from miles around to drink from these fountains for its 'healing' qualities.  Some believe its akin to the fountain of youth but I am living proof that it is not!

                   

Pinons in the snow... there's something almost 'Christmas cardish' about the sight.  My husband was just a little bit frustrated when he made a special trip to take me to the scenic Garden of the Gods for some snow scenes and I was taking pictures of a tree instead of the rock monuments.  I don't think he sees the world the way I do.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice capture on the snow melt, the water almost looks like the rock. Tell your hubby you were shooting for your next Christmas card too!

Anonymous said...

Excellent photos, love the textures & the rich browns.
Unfortunately your husband will not see things the way you see them.....Whats important, is that YOU see them!
Thanks for sharing~

Anonymous said...

Love your photos. Keep them coming!

Anonymous said...

Cool Pics... Keep 'em coming <g>
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

These have been amazing shots. Each is better than the one before. I can't wait to see the next "installment." :)

Anonymous said...

I love the colors in these photos, they are wonderful.

Followers

Blog Archive