Sunday, April 24, 2005

WINDMILLS

Welcome to rural Colorado.  I really expected to see mountains and hills as far as one could see when I first arrived here, and was surprised by how flat the countryside appeared.  What I didn't realize was that these so called flatlands were on the mountain itself!

      

I love windmills, theres something so fairy-tale-ish, so Don Quixote-ish about them.  I'm not even really sure of their purpose other than to entertain dreamers like myself.  The grey sky and haze in the background of these pictures is due to some timely and much needed rain. You will rarely hear the residents here complain about rain.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is something completely fascinating about them.  I LOVE the top image.
:)

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful!!!!! ty for sharing!!
Julie~
http://journals.aol.com/joolsinwa/randommusingsofmymind

Anonymous said...

I Love the tree in your first image... very striking! When we were traveling the country with the circus we would sometimes see 'fields' of windmills... very cool sight!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

Very rich in color and contrast despite your rainy skys. I really like the compostion in the first. The fence adds so much!

Anonymous said...

Got your link from another journalist...Jools....she was right..you have incredible photos. I hope to return to let them sink in...windmills,  lighthouses...what is it about towers that twirl and lightup...here in Seattle the lighthouses are fascinating but we don't see too many windmills...except maybe at the Tulip Fields in Mt. Vernon Washington about 1 and 1/2 hour north of Seattle....Thanks so much!  http://journals.aol.com/gotomaria/TheLittleThings/  

Anonymous said...

love the first photo!

~ www.jerseygirljournal.com  

Anonymous said...

I really like the top one. :)

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!! I LOVE that first shot!!!! it almost glows with the color of the field...I like windmills too but where I'm at, they can only be found in lawn ornament size!!!! bummer huh??

Anonymous said...

What?  I missed commenting on these?  Gorgeous!  Love them both!  Lisa

Followers

Blog Archive