Sunday, April 10, 2005

SPRING-TIME WINTER STORM IN THE ROCKIES

The historic town of Manitou Springs hunkers down for a winter storm, which is not unusual during the spring in Colorado.

Even the mule deer know that its time to move to shelter.  This was taken this afternoon in the Garden of the Gods.

This little scrub jay fluffs up his feathers in an effort to keep warm.  Winds kicked up to 30 mph. today.

This is a spotted towhee.  In my 11 years here in the state of Colorado I have never seen the likes of this bird and was eager to get home and look it up.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dorn and Assistant Dickiedoo.............excellent shots!!!! Ü

Anonymous said...

Nice shots! Looks as if you are getting the nack of the Nikon. I like the depth in the Manitou Springs image.

Anonymous said...

As always....BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Love your photos, my favorite of this group is the Deer photo.
You are so talented!!!!
Thanks~
Marie

Anonymous said...

Excellent shot. I live in Va. an I have 5 of these little guys at my feeder. You did well by getting that shot. They are fast,an if they see you they are gone. Enjoy this very much. Always nice to stop by here. Love all the shots you get.

Anonymous said...

LOVE ALL THE SHOTS. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. WE  WILL BE OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF MAY TO SEE THE COUNTRY  IN MID- MAY.

Anonymous said...

Great shots... I particularly love the deer shot! I actually got to visit the Garden of the Gods briefly on year when we were playing in Colorado Springs one year... It is beautiful up there... you are sooo lucky to have access to such a wonderful place to photo!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful - I lived in this town and loved it all!!!
Thanks so very much for sharing these scenes! _rRose

Followers

Blog Archive