Friday, April 15, 2005

OTHER STUFF

As much as I enjoy capturing wildlife with my camera, I also have a facination with ordinary things and how a different angle, or a play on shadows or light can produce entirely different images.  The above picture was taken at a grocery store parking lot just as the sun dipped below the mountain top.  The sky was still blue but the shadows cast on the vehicles gave the illusion of midnight.

Try as I might, I could not come up with a reasonable explanation for the lock and chain.  I don't think the boulder was going anywhere.

The irony of this image grabbed me as soon as I came upon it.  Once upon a time this was a shady picnic ground, but Nature eventually reclaimed it as her own.

This picture, an M1 Abrams I'm told, was taken while we were traveling 40 miles an hour in opposite directions.  It is unbelievably out of focus, and yet the blur adds an air of urgency that I find oddly appealing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know Dorn.....I think that boulder was seen on America's Most Wanted.....it's a fugitive......an escapee from 'The Rock' lmaooooooo I even made myself giggle on that one! lol

Anonymous said...

cool!  The car photo on top is awesome!  Did you enhance it in anyway?

Anonymous said...

The highlights on the cars are so consistent! You can see each vehicle. The crop works perfectly!
Your subjects/pictures always make me think!

Anonymous said...

My goodness, what an assortment of absolutely delightful, interesting shots and edits!  Thanks for sharing!  Lisa

Followers

Blog Archive